Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) at the University of California, Riverside invites applications for an Assistant Professor of Teaching (Lecturer with Potential Security of Employment LPSOE) beginning the 2018/19 academic year. The appointment requires evidence of a long-standing record of exceptional undergraduate teaching, professional achievement, and service to the academic community. A LPSOE/LSOE is a member of the academic senate and will be expected to teach undergraduate and graduate courses, and provide university and public services related to the undergraduate program including curriculum development, student advising, ABET accreditation, recruitment outreach etc. Applicants with strong teaching experience in robotics, circuits and systems, computer engineering, control, signal processing and computer vision are encouraged to apply.
Preferred qualifications include:
- A minimum of 5 years (LPSOE) or 10 years (LSOE) of experience as an undergraduate course instructor in an ABET-accredited Electrical or Computer Engineering program.
- A demonstrated record of high-quality and innovative teaching in a wide variety of undergraduate ECE courses in at least two of the areas of robotics, circuits and systems, computer engineering, control, signal processing and computer vision.
- A demonstrated record of teaching in capstone senior design courses, as well as successful engagement with industrial sponsors to generate support for senior design projects.
- A demonstrated record of development of successful technical elective courses that address important emerging topics in the field of Electrical and Computer Engineering.
- Experience in advising undergraduate students in course selection and career development strongly preferred.
- Prior work experience in industry as a practicing engineer. Further information regarding the ECE Undergraduate Program can be found at the following site http://www.ece.ucr.edu/.
A Ph.D. in Electrical or Computer Engineering is required at the time of employment. Salary will be competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience. Full consideration will be given to applications received by August 31, 2018. The search will continue until the position is filled. To apply, please register through the weblink at http://www.engr.ucr.edu/facultysearch/. Inquiries should be directed to email@example.com.
UCR is a world-class research university with an exceptionally diverse undergraduate student body. Its mission is explicitly linked to providing routes to educational success for underrepresented and first-generation college students. A commitment to this mission is a preferred qualification.
The University of California, Riverside is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing past and/or potential contributions to diversity through teaching, research, professional activity, and/or service.
Misc / Additional (Optional)
How to apply
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information