UCR Extension is the continuing and professional education division of the University of California, Riverside. International Education Programs (IEP) is the largest planning unit within University Extension, annually enrolling over 5000 international students in English language, university preparation, professional certificate and postgraduate diploma programs. IEP partners with universities, governments, corporations and educational organizations around the world to create access to knowledge and resources at UCR .It cooperates with departments and faculty across campus to design and implement educational and research programs for a global audience. Operating on a self-supporting annual budget of more than $18,000,000 and employing over 50 full-time staff and instructors, IEP contributes in a significant way to the success of UCR Extension.
Reporting to the Dean of Extension and consistent with the mandate and goals of UCR Extension as a self-supporting department, the Associate Dean is part of a collaborative model for the academic and administrative leadership of Extension, IEP and its programs, including planning, development, marketing, delivery, growth and organizational management.
With a demonstrated commitment to continuing education, academic excellence and a creative vision for entrepreneurial initiatives, the Associate Dean provides exceptional leadership and knowledge in business development, curricular and instructional areas, strategic planning, program development and management, and marketing and international student recruitment. The Associate Dean oversees all of the IEP units and their administrators and ensures course and service delivery for a complex, multi-functional organization. The Associate Dean develops and maintains strong and positive partnerships with campus Schools, Departments and individual faculty, developing market driven programming and championing new and innovative international partnerships and programs. Additionally, the Associate Dean represents IEP and UCR to city leadership, national organizations and an extensive community of international partners from over 40 countries, including institutional partners, agents and government representatives to maintain IEP’s preeminent status in international programs in the USA. The Associate Dean is the primary academic and institutional contact with international sponsorship or scholarship organizations, ministries of education and ministries of higher education.
The Associate Dean has a key leadership role and represents UCR Extension in a global marketing capacity by engaging as a professional educational consultant, instructor, speaker and/or teacher trainer and by participating in promotional events, including educational fairs to conduct market research, recommend new programs and establish and maintain long term value-added relationships.
The Associate Dean is the chief academic and administrative officer of UC Riverside Extension’s International Education Programs and provides the academic leadership and business acumen necessary to successfully respond to the educational needs of IEP’s audiences and to attract new, diverse constituencies to IEP programs. Leading a diverse team of staff and academic appointees in the development and delivery of its programs, the Associate Dean analyzes, assesses, delivers, and recommends improvements for the delivery of comprehensive English language programs, teacher training programs, undergraduate and graduate preparation programs and study abroad programs.
- Master's degree in a closely related field, such as international studies, business administration, applied linguistics, education, or TESL/TEFL
- Minimum of 10 years' experience of senior administrative experience leading, developing, and delivering international education programs, international marketing, and cross-cultural communication
- Record of success in leading and managing large and diverse teams
- Ability to travel frequently, domestically and internationally
- Proven record of entrepreneurial success and revenue generation
- Strong knowledge of strategic partnerships and new business development, envisioning and creating new international programs while supporting existing programs and services
- Demonstrated results-based leadership with superb management and business development skills
- Established record of content, course, and program development and quality assurance standards
- Record of experience working with diverse communities along with highly developed interpersonal and intercultural skills
- Record of experience brokering relationships with agents, counselors, government officials, and secondary and tertiary institutions with a wide variety of needs and budgets
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Terminal degree in a closely related field, such as international studies, business administration, applied linguistics, education, or TESL/TEFL
- Experience with online and digital educational services
- UCR is a world-class research university with an exceptionally diverse undergraduate student body. Its mission is explicitly linked to providing routes to educational success for underrepresented and first-generation college students. A commitment to this mission is a preferred qualification.
Interested individuals should apply via: https://aprecruit.ucr.edu/apply/JPF00845. The priority review of applications will begin November 10, 2017 and will continue until the position is filled.
This is a 3-year renewable appointment; hiring salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. Expected start date is on or around May 1, 2018.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing past and/or potential contributions to diversity through teaching, research, professional activity, and/or service.
- 3-5 required (contact information only)