Open date: November 9th, 2020
Last review date: Monday, Nov 23, 2020 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Wednesday, Jun 30, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Fiduciary Management Instructor
University of California, Riverside – Extension
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. UCR is a world-class research University with an exceptionally diverse undergraduate student body. Its mission is explicitly linked to providing routes to educational success for underrepresented and first-generation college students. A commitment to this mission is a preferred qualification. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities’ air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history, and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UCR Extension is the continuing and professional education division of the University of California, Riverside offering over 80 programs and certificates to domestic and international students. This is a continuous recruitment for part-time instructors to teach courses in Extension’s Professional Certificate in Fiduciary Management to adult learners. This program is designed to help learners gain confidence and legal knowledge so they can effectively manage another person's estate or act as a personal financial representative, and pass the fiduciary state-licensing exam. The Professional Certificate in Fiduciary Management resides in the Department of Professional Programs. Courses are 6 weeks in length, average 4 teaching hours per week, and offered as synchronous online courses. Courses delivered in-person are typically scheduled evenings, Monday through Friday, and occasionally on Saturdays; please note due to COVID-19, in-person courses are not being offered at this time. All courses are currently being offered in a remote setting. Courses include:
Overview of Fiduciary Management
Management of Estate Assets
Practical Application of Accounting for the Professional Fiduciary
Trust Administration and Procedure
Introduction to Conservatorships of the Person and Estate
Decedent’s Estate Practices and Procedures
Professional Fiduciary Business Practices
• Provide instruction in accordance with the established instructional agreement, curriculum outlines and class schedules provided by University Extension.
• Communicate teaching objectives, specific learning outcomes, and clearly outline the grading policies in the course syllabus.
• Work in conjunction with collaborative partners and subject matter experts in order to ensure that course information and syllabus is current.
• Participate in scheduled orientations, meetings, and mandatory training programs by UCR’s established deadlines.
• Create course shell, maintain timely and accurate academic records within the learning management system (Canvas) and submit timely and accurate documentation as outlined in the Instructional Agreement.
• Maintain appropriate standards of professional conduct.
• Advanced degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Law, or a related field, or equivalent experience.
• Five year’s related work experience in the Fiduciary, Estate, Conservatorships fields, or a related field or equivalent experience.
• Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
• Ability to provide instruction via synchronous online courses and in-person.
• Experience teaching adult learners.
• Experience with curriculum development and course design.
• Experience teaching online courses using Canvas.
To apply please visit https://aprecruit.ucr.edu/apply/JPF01357. This is a continuous recruitment. Applications will be reviewed as vacancies occur. Interview process includes a teaching demonstration. For more information about UCR Extension, please visit http://www.extension.ucr.edu/. For detailed programmatic information, please visit https://extension.ucr.edu/certificates/9698683/CE2297/FiduciaryManageme#getting_started.
Instructional agreements are made on a course-by-course basis at the discretion of the University with no guarantee to teach future courses. This part-time position has no benefits but participates in the University of California Defined Contribution plan. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Past and/or Planned Future Contributions to Advancing Diversity and Inclusive Excellence - In a “Statement of Past and/or Planned Future Contributions to Advancing Diversity and Inclusive Excellence”, we ask applicants to describe their past and/or potential future contributions to promoting a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment, which is a key requirement of the role of every faculty member and administrator at UCR. There are numerous ways to contribute, and a commitment to this part of our mission can be reflected through research, teaching, supervision, mentoring, community engagement, service, and any of the other varied activities that are a part of an academic career.
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 4-6 required (contact information only)