Open date: July 29th, 2020
Last review date: Thursday, Aug 27, 2020 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Friday, Apr 30, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Executive Business Administration Instructor
University of California, Riverside – Extension
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. UCR is a world-class research University with an exceptionally diverse undergraduate student body. Its mission is explicitly linked to providing routes to educational success for underrepresented and first-generation college students. A commitment to this mission is a preferred qualification. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities’ air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history, and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UCR Extension is the continuing and professional education division of the University of California, Riverside offering over 80 programs and certificates to domestic and international students. UCR Extension is seeking experienced professionals to join our instructional team as part-time instructors for adult learners. Successful candidates of this continuous recruitment will be eligible to teach courses as they are scheduled during the year for our Executive Assistant Professional Certificate. This program will prepare students for an executive level administrative position by providing the framework of business and organizational skills that can be adapted to any industry. Courses are 8 – 10 weeks in length, average 5 teaching hours per week, and are offered online and in-person. Courses delivered in-person are typically scheduled days and evenings, Monday - Saturday. Courses are currently delivered in a distance-learning format. Courses include:
Essence of Business Communications
Fundamentals of Office Management
Quality Customer Service
Budget and Accounting Principles
Navigating Crucial Conversations
Organizational Behavior Dynamics
• Provide instruction in accordance with the established instructional agreement, curriculum outlines and class schedule provided by UCR Extension.
• Communicate teaching objectives and specific learning outcomes to students, and clearly outline the grading policies to the course.
• Work in conjunction with collaborative partners and subject matter experts in order to ensure that course information is current.
• Participate in scheduled orientations, meetings, and mandatory training programs by UCR’s established deadlines.
• Maintain timely and accurate academic records within the learning management system and submit timely and accurate documentation as outlined in the instructional agreement.
• Maintain appropriate standards of professional conduct.
• Advanced degree in Business Administration or a related field, or equivalent experience.
• Five years of related work experience.
• Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
• Ability to provide instruction online and in-person.
• Experience teaching adult learners.
• Experience with curriculum development and course design.
• Bilingual English/Spanish.
• Ability to teach a wide range of courses.
• Commitment to diversity and the University’s mission.
To apply please visit https://aprecruit.ucr.edu/apply/JPF01319. This is a continuous recruitment. Applications will be reviewed on a continuous basis. Interview process includes a teaching demonstration. For more information about UCR Extension, please visit http://www.extension.ucr.edu/.
Employment Information: Instructional agreements are made on a course-by-course basis at the discretion of the University with no guarantee to teach future courses. This part-time position has no benefits but participates in the University of California Defined Contribution Plan. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Past and/or Planned Future Contributions to Advancing Diversity and Inclusive Excellence - In a “Statement of Past and/or Planned Future Contributions to Advancing Diversity and Inclusive Excellence”, we ask applicants to describe their past and/or potential future contributions to promoting a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment, which is a key requirement of the role of every faculty member and administrator at UCR. There are numerous ways to contribute, and a commitment to this part of our mission can be reflected through research, teaching, supervision, mentoring, community engagement, service, and any of the other varied activities that are a part of an academic career.
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3-5 required (contact information only)