Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Resource Family Instructor
University of California, Riverside – Extension
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. UCR is a world-class research University with an exceptionally diverse undergraduate student body. Its mission is explicitly linked to providing routes to educational success for underrepresented and first-generation college students. A commitment to this mission is a preferred qualification. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities’ air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history, and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UCR Extension is the continuing and professional education division if the University of California, Riverside offering over 80 programs and certificates to domestic and international students. Extension has two vacancies each at the Riverside and Palm Desert campus locations, for part-time instructors to provide training to Resource Families two consecutive Saturdays a month from 8:30 am – 3:30 pm. The compensation rate is $45 per hour. The objective of this role is to support maintenance or reunification of the family unit, by reducing risk of abuse or neglect, through assessment of strengths and needs, intensive education, and guided application of skills. This objective to be accomplished through delivery of Resource Family Approval curriculum, approved by the Riverside County Department of Public Social Services in the form of educational workshops. This is a continuous open recruitment with an immediate need.
• Provide instruction in accordance with the established Instructional Agreement, curriculum outlines and class schedule provided by University Extension
• Communicate teaching objectives and specific learning outcomes to students, and clearly outline the grading policies to the course
• Work in conjunction with collaborative partners and subject matter experts in order to ensure that training information and statistics are current
• Participate in scheduled orientations, meetings, and mandatory training programs by UCR’s established deadlines
• Maintain timely and accurate academic records within the learning management system and submit timely and accurate client documentation as outlined by the contract
• Maintain appropriate standards of professional conduct of ethics
• Familiarity with Resources Family learning modules
• Remain current on social welfare best practices.
• Advanced degree in social work, child development, behavioral science, criminal justice, or a related field, or equivalent experience.
• Five year’s work experience in social services, criminal justice, child development or related field.
• Thorough understanding of Positive Parenting theory.
• Advanced understanding of how trauma affects the child welfare system.
• Experience in coordinating training, community events, educational workshops, and/or administrative functions.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
• Ability to lift up to 30 pounds and transport training materials.
• Bilingual Spanish.
• Experience working in the child welfare system.
• Experience facilitating training.
• Experience facilitating resource family/ foster care training or workshops.
To apply please visit https://aprecruit.ucr.edu/apply/JPF01113. This is a continuous recruitment. Applications will be reviewed as needed to fill vacancies. For more information about UCR Extension, please visit http://www.extension.ucr.edu/.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Teaching
Statement of Past and/or Planned Future Contributions to Advancing Diversity and Inclusive Excellence - In a “Statement of Past and/or Planned Future Contributions to Advancing Diversity and Inclusive Excellence”, we ask applicants to describe their past and/or potential future contributions to promoting a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment, which is a key requirement of the role of every faculty member and administrator at UCR. There are numerous ways to contribute, and a commitment to this part of our mission can be reflected through research, teaching, supervision, mentoring, community engagement, service, and any of the other varied activities that are a part of an academic career.
- 3-5 required (contact information only)