PART-TIME LECTURE POSITIONS
Department of Ethnic Studies University of California, Riverside
The Department of Ethnic Studies at the University of California, Riverside, invites applications for part-time lecturer positions for the Spring 2019 quarter; instruction begins April 1, 2019, and ends June 14, 2019.
Salary: $6081.39 per course (pending final budget approval).
A completed M.A. in Ethnic Studies or a related or equivalent discipline, and previous teaching experience at the college or university level, is required. Priority will be given to candidates with a demonstrated commitment to excellence in teaching Ethnic Studies.
UCR is a world-class research university with an exceptionally diverse undergraduate student body. Its mission is explicitly linked to providing routes to educational success for underrepresented and first-generation college students. A commitment to this mission is a preferred qualification.
Course offerings are subject to availability of funding. Applications are welcome from persons qualified to teach:
• ETST 003: Introduction to African American Studies (Spring 2019)
• ETST 109 I: Special Topics in African American Studies (Spring 2019)
• ETST 157: Native American Diaspora (Spring 2019)
• Introduction to Arab American Studies (Spring 2019) Course Description: “Provides an overview of themes in Arab and Muslim American Studies, including immigration and racism; family, gender, and sexuality; socio-economic class; religious affiliations; arts and cultures; and politics and political activism. Students will engage with interdisciplinary materials from social media and film to anthropological, historical, sociological, cultural and literary texts.”
Please provide a cover letter that indicates which course(s) you are applying for; a curriculum vitae; a statement of teaching; a statement of contributions to diversity; teaching evaluation or other evidence of teaching proficiency; and 2-3 letters of recommendation that assess teaching ability. Materials should be uploaded using UCR’s on-line application system:
Review of applications will begin on January 24, 2019 and may continue up to March 15th, 2019. To ensure full consideration, applications and supporting material should be received by January 24, 2019.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Cover Letter - In the cover letter, please indicate which course(s) you are applying for.
Statement of Teaching
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing past and/or potential contributions to diversity through teaching, research, professional activity, and/or service.
Teaching evaluation or other evidence of teaching proficiency
- 2-3 letters of reference required
How to apply
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information